Mar 23, 2010

My Dinner Party


On Saturday night I had a dinner party. It was to celebrate the first day of Spring. I made everything we ate, and all the ingredients were from somewhere in the state of Montana. It wasn't as hard as I thought, but if I do it again in the summer it will be much easier!

I had high expectations for myself, and wanted everything to be perfect.
What I wanted was this...

..there are no decent florists or decorators in Lincoln, so what I got was this...

I tried to make this...

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Lemon-Cornmeal-Cake-RecipeBut ended up with this...



After cooking/baking/cleaning all day I looked at this mess.....

and wanted to be doing this..

But was up until midnight doing this...!















1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, I'm Dave Tingley's wife. Hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog. This post had me laughing so hard! Too funny! This is my life all the time. Hope your dinner party was a success.
    p.s. I like the new blog layout, but maybe because it's familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete