Aug 25, 2013

What a Birthday looks like around here

For the boys birthdays, I can't help but be a little reminiscent of their actual births.  Shawn and I each notice the clock throughout the day and start sentences with "Remember that right now we were...?"  As in, at 4:30 in the afternoon five years ago I was frantically calling his office telling him to come home to take me to Helena because my water broke.  It's fun, and I hope we continue to remember these things forever.
For Tyler's fifth birthday, he wanted to go swimming, so we went to a big aquatic center over in Cody.

But first, we ate yummy Mexican food on an outside deck.  What a treat!

And then we swam.  Tyler swam more than us, as we were spending most of our time making sure Cash didn't drown.

Later we got home and poked around in the yard.  My sunflowers are Mammoth.

Frantic gift-unwrapping

You know your kid is ready to start school when you ask him what kind of cake he wants, and he says a "semi-circle."  He insisted on this, so I made a lumpy, huge cake.


We capped off a great day with watching a parade of farm machinery go by the house.  Many of the fields are ready to combine or harvest, so the farmers are pretty busy (well...busIER than normal).

1 comment: