May 13, 2012

On this day

Today's holiday lets me appreciate my own mother (Hi Mom! Love You!),
and lets me be appreciated as a mom myself.
I get to realize how lucky I am to be the momma to these two monkeys.


Since none of us really wanted to make a huge meal or clean up afterwards, I opted for a pizza.  But I made sure my dessert was going to be out of this world. 
I made Dundee Arms Inn Bumble Berry Pie from the Pie cookbook that mom gave me several years ago.  It had strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and rhubarb.
This was my first rhubarb pie of the year, and we all thought it was a good one.
Good enough to have a piece for breakfast I think.


1 comment:

  1. I Love you too! and the little monkeys as well. The pie looks totally awesome. Bet it was super delicious. Ken Haedrich (author of the Pie Book) would be so pleased to know people are using his cookbook. His website www.thepieacademy.com is off to a good start.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete