Jun 15, 2010

Take A Hike

Today was the best day!
I led a group of 20+ kids on a hike up to Lewis and Clark Pass.
The neat thing is that the Lincoln School has a summer activity program, and one part of the program is to get students outside to new places in the Forest and learn a little about nature while they are out there.


I get to take kids outside once a week for the next month and get paid for it.




They are all ages, from K-12, and everyone took care of each other and got along well. I was impressed and loved every minute of it.




I even wore my uniform for the occasion.


Everyone was tired and hungry on the way up, but they said the reward of standing on a mountain top made the suffering worth it.


Going down was much easier and faster.


I can't wait for next week's adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are lucky to have a job that lets you get outdoors in such beautiful country. I'm sure you made a big impression on the girls in the group too. They can be anything they want. Even a Forester!
    Count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete