- I was born in PA, and have also lived in Michigan, Ohio, South Dakota, Arizona, New Hampshire (only occasionally since my parents moved there after I graduated high school), and 4 different places in Montana. I am homesick for all those states.
- A friend and I have ridden through Yellowstone two times on our bikes. We go before the road is open to traffic, and park the car and ride 54 miles...stay at a hotel....and then ride 54 miles back. These experiences are some of the best of my life. We hope to do it again this spring.
- I met my husband in South Dakota, we worked at the same office. We both work for the Forest Service.
- I'm on "extended" maternity leave right now, and wondering if I want to go back to work. It is something that I can't decide easily.
- I have 5 tattoos and only regret 3 of them (it's true).
- I am 32 years old, and don't feel like an adult. I still feel young, although my pictures are starting to show differently. I guess I will feel like an adult when I no longer feel good about wearing my pink sunglasses.
- Every month I think about stopping blogging, but it is such a great way to share pictures with my family that I haven't done it yet.
- We have 2 boys, 2 horses, 8 or 9 chickens, and a yellow lab named Decker.
- When we first got my horse, Blondie, she was pregnant. I have never cried so much for an animal as I did when we went out one morning to see her deliver a stillborn foal. It was a very sad time for us, and especially her--she loudly mourned the baby.
- I would rather be outside than inside.
- I got my Forestry degree from the University of Montana (GO GRIZ !)
- While I love having 2 boys, after I found out that #2 was going to be a boy, I headed to my hair cut appointment. A woman and her little daughter were getting their hair cut together and I instantly thought of all the things I won't be able to do with a daughter (since we are not planning on having any more kids). No prom dresses, manicures, wedding dresses....Maybe I will have a foster daughter or be a Big Sister in the Big Brother/Big Sister program?
- If I could do it all over again, I might have gone to school to be a Veterinarian, or something to do with Horticulture.
- In my town, I am one of 3 people who have gotten together to start a Community Garden. I LOVE IT! I love growing veggies and get so disappointed by our short growing season.
- Lemon Meringue is my favorite pie.
- I really dislike coconut, black olives, eggplant and mushrooms. Blech!
- The first and last time I ever went hunting was in 2007. I shot a Mule Deer, and didn't enjoy it the whole process, so I will leave the hunting up to Shawn!
- I've started a list of birds I've seen, and have 102 on it so far. It isn't a lot, but I started it a couple of years ago, and have not gone many places birdwatching besides Montana.
- I have a sister in Columbia Falls, MT (hi Jess!), and a brother in Brooklyn, NY (hi Jonah!)
- Nowadays, the little things in life make me happy. Like a trip to the ice rink, a cup of hot coffee in the morning (or a Vanilla Latte from a coffeeshop), Tyler telling me I'm his best friend, Cash smiling and laughing at me, Shawn doing the dishes, the colors of the clouds right before sunset....and writing 20 things about myself :)
Jan 23, 2012
30 Day Challenge: 20 Things About Me
I did something like this on Facebook a few years ago, and I thought "how can I ever think of 20 things?" but it turned out to be harder for me to narrow it down to just 20.
at 9:17 PM